Sunday, September 24, 2017

Halloween

In continuation from my last post, the reason why I was so excited for the first day of fall is because Autumn is my favorite season! I love everything about this short season, except for the fact that it seems to come and go like a blink of an eye. The cooler weather, the changing of the leaves, the smell in the air, and of course Halloween!

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. When I was younger I was thrilled about dressing up and going on an all night adventure collecting candy. The whole month of October was about finding the perfect custom- it had to be original! After having school festivities on the 31st, my sister and I would plan out the evening's trip throughout the neighborhood. Our goal was to hit as many houses as possible with the time we were allotted. We did not mess around with cute little Halloween candy holders, we pulled out the big guns- pillow cases. Every voyage was a success and we had enough candy to last us till the next Halloween.

I think back on these evenings filled with happiness and I can feel the excitement I use to have as a child. Presently, Halloween is still my absolute favorite holiday but for slightly different reasons. Now I have my beautiful daughter that I get to take around the neighborhood. I love seeing the joy on her face as she fills up her bucket with goodies. She is still short of 3 years-old, so I am still more excited for her custom than she is but she is getting there! In fact, I call her my Halloween baby because she was born on November 3rd. I know that it is past Halloween but it is still close enough.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment