Friday, September 22, 2017

Autumn is HERE!

Today is the first day of autumn and unlike past years I feel something different in the air. It has nothing to do with the weather, which is still decently warm to be considered in the fall category. No, I think that I have had more time to actually enjoy and reflect about the fall this year. I am not proud to admit that I have been too preoccupied in the past and not in a good way. I have spent more time worrying about things that don't matter than I have any right to. In fact, I can't even recall what I was so preoccupied with these past autumns- not even last fall. It all seems to run into the same problem- too busy, too stressed, not enough of this or that.

I try to make a point to not get wrapped up in the worldly crap, but I always do. Somehow or someway I am doing what we all do. Sometimes it is just easier to worry about the insignificant things, the superficial things. That way we can ignore the real problems- the homeless people we pass on the street or the fact that climate change is a REAL thing. The point is that this world, this life does not make sense sometimes, but we shouldn't be wasting moments over insignificant problems. We all know this- we all hear this- yet we still keep on worrying!   

No comments:

Post a Comment