Let me tell you why live music is my favorite activity to indulge in. There is nothing like being in a crowd where there is all this positive energy flowing around. Everyone is there for the same reason and there is excitement in the air. As the lights come up, you hear the cheers rise as you join in with the rest of the crowd. The music starts to play and suddenly you have a real live image of what you have listened to at least a hundred times. It is like magic and you are completely present in that moment. Nothing before, or nothing that has yet to come matters in that moment.
I have learned through out life that focusing on the present is the most beneficial to my health, yet it takes a lot of practice. It is easy to fall into the what ifs, or the fear of what may be. However, being present for me at a concert comes so easily. I fully take in the people around me. I love seeing their joy and knowing that it matches my joy. The music connects us- all of us. As much as I like seeing the artists play the music that I fully appreciate, there is nothing like being a room full of people that are emitting positive energy.
I have learned through out life that focusing on the present is the most beneficial to my health, yet it takes a lot of practice. It is easy to fall into the what ifs, or the fear of what may be. However, being present for me at a concert comes so easily. I fully take in the people around me. I love seeing their joy and knowing that it matches my joy. The music connects us- all of us. As much as I like seeing the artists play the music that I fully appreciate, there is nothing like being a room full of people that are emitting positive energy.
No comments:
Post a Comment