After completing this weeks assignment on what is considered good writing, I started thinking about what really defines good writing? Obliviously, there are basic functions that are essential to making writing readable and there needs to be a somewhat logical flow. Then there are certain forms of writing that are expected to follow specific guidelines, such as school essays. Even so, there are so many diverse pieces of writing that have been, and still are, formulated. For me personally, it is really hard to pigeon hold what "good" writing should be.
After pondering this question, I have realized that writing really is a form of expression that will touch some or even many, but could ultimately be met with indifference or harsh criticisms by others. In other words, there really is no classification for good writing and there only is diverse writing. There are billions of different minds that have been and will be and some are more connected to one verses another. A piece of writing will be inspirational to someone because they can relate to that writer. Some forms of writing are more popular because the author writes in a more generalized way that can be relatable to many.
I am not sure if any of what I said above makes much sense, but I think that writing is really a beautiful tool that connects like minded individuals. I don't really believe that we can ultimately define what is good when it comes to writing. As long as the author speaks from the heart, that writing is good enough for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment