My favorite book would have to be "The Brothers Karamazov" by Fyodor Dostoevsky. First of all, Dostoevsky is my favorite author in general and I love all of his works, but "The Brothers Karamazov" stands out to me the most. What I love about this novel is the diverse characters and how Dostoevsky writes about the abstract of life- the things that we all ponder. His take on religion and good verses evil has me reflecting about living a purposeful and meaningful life.
Dostoevsky was able to write about the human psyche and really seemed to care for all humans. He was able to see the good in all different types of people, especially those that were suffering from mental illnesses. Being a psychology major, and having my own personal interest in the human psyche, it is no real surprise that I connect with Dostoevsky and his writing!
Dostoevsky was able to write about the human psyche and really seemed to care for all humans. He was able to see the good in all different types of people, especially those that were suffering from mental illnesses. Being a psychology major, and having my own personal interest in the human psyche, it is no real surprise that I connect with Dostoevsky and his writing!
No comments:
Post a Comment