When I try to think about my earliest memory, I seem to just see a string of events that occurred in the neighborhood that I grew up in. We lived a small town-home community for all my elementary years and I remember being outside a lot playing with various neighborhood kids.
I some of my very first memories where with a girl named Tiffany who lived about 3-4 houses down from us and we were always getting into something. I also remember a lot of insects. I was always fascinated by them. There was one time when I came across a rollie pollie that was giving birth to what seemed like thousands of baby rollie pollies. I recruited my younger sister to assist me in building a tiny hospital out of fallen leaves and twigs. The traumatized rollie pollie, who wanted nothing but peace and isolation, fought against my instance for her to move to the new birthing room.
How I miss those days where insects could keep your attention for hours. Where you are still mystified by their movements and organization. I think I will try watching some insects again- I am sure it will bring me peace of mind.
I some of my very first memories where with a girl named Tiffany who lived about 3-4 houses down from us and we were always getting into something. I also remember a lot of insects. I was always fascinated by them. There was one time when I came across a rollie pollie that was giving birth to what seemed like thousands of baby rollie pollies. I recruited my younger sister to assist me in building a tiny hospital out of fallen leaves and twigs. The traumatized rollie pollie, who wanted nothing but peace and isolation, fought against my instance for her to move to the new birthing room.
How I miss those days where insects could keep your attention for hours. Where you are still mystified by their movements and organization. I think I will try watching some insects again- I am sure it will bring me peace of mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment