First off, I can NOT believe that this semester is almost over! I will finally have my degree, which is something that I have been waiting for over 10 years. I feel extremely blessed, but I am also soaked in fear. This chapter in my life is coming to a close and I do have further goals that I would like to achieve, but I am not sure if they are reasonable for my current situation.
Most humans respond to fear in fight or flight. Well in my case, I do neither. I avoid! Sometimes, I will just shut down. Not completely though, in that I am able to get normal day-to-day things accomplished, but the thing(s) that are scaring the crap out of me- I shut it out. I know that this is not the healthiest way of dealing with things, but it is a habit that I am finding hard to reverse.
Most humans respond to fear in fight or flight. Well in my case, I do neither. I avoid! Sometimes, I will just shut down. Not completely though, in that I am able to get normal day-to-day things accomplished, but the thing(s) that are scaring the crap out of me- I shut it out. I know that this is not the healthiest way of dealing with things, but it is a habit that I am finding hard to reverse.
No comments:
Post a Comment