I have not done the best job keeping up with my blog, and I must admit that I am a bit ashamed of that. I usually am one to stay organized and get most of my assignments done on time, unless there is a family emergency or something. But, going off my previous post, life has been pretty stressful lately, not just with school, but with EVERYTHING! I guess when it rains, it pours right?!
I have been doing this completely useless action of picturing how my life "should" be and then condemning myself for not being "there". Honestly, I know better but feelings can be powerful, even if they are not always valid. In the past, when anything different was happening in my life, whether it is good or bad, I would unconsciously, or sometime consciously, go down a path of self-destruction. As much as I like to say that I have come a long way, I still struggle with fighting off this tick.
The mind really is a powerful thing. Years of doing one behavior can take just as much time, if not more, to undo that behavior. Annoying right? If only we could just make the decision to be different, and BAM we start living a new way. I guess life would not be worth living then. What would be the point? Just when you think you can not take it anymore, think- there's a reason. I mean there has to be a reason.
I have been doing this completely useless action of picturing how my life "should" be and then condemning myself for not being "there". Honestly, I know better but feelings can be powerful, even if they are not always valid. In the past, when anything different was happening in my life, whether it is good or bad, I would unconsciously, or sometime consciously, go down a path of self-destruction. As much as I like to say that I have come a long way, I still struggle with fighting off this tick.
The mind really is a powerful thing. Years of doing one behavior can take just as much time, if not more, to undo that behavior. Annoying right? If only we could just make the decision to be different, and BAM we start living a new way. I guess life would not be worth living then. What would be the point? Just when you think you can not take it anymore, think- there's a reason. I mean there has to be a reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment