Thursday, November 2, 2017

Good and Evil vs Biology

Lately, I have been thinking about the different struggles that people deal with. I know that my view is controversial but to me it makes the most sense. For a quite a while I have been interested in criminals, the supposed "scum of our society". To me, no matter the crime, these people are just sick. We all suffer from some sort of sickness; whether it is physical, emotional, mental, or spiritual.

I have been watching different documentaries on mental health and the individuals that suffer from these illnesses. They are classified as psychopaths, ADHD, Addicts, etc. But as technology continues to advance, and brain images are clearer, we can see that each problem is reflected as different from the norm in the images. These problems are biological and genetic- it is NOT a moral issue (at least not in the beginning).

Maybe I am holding onto this idea because I want to believe that everyone is inherently good. To me, it makes no sense that two people, who have grown up in the same environments, can have two completely different life outcomes and one is considered good, while the other is considered bad. However, it makes more sense if their brains are completely different and they experience life differently. 


No comments:

Post a Comment